Entrepreneurs are willing to work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours a week
Modern (startups) and traditional (family run businesses) entrepreneurs are independent minds who are passionate about taking calculated risks and growing their business.
A clear understanding of your own “natural operating style” helps you become a more effective entrepreneur in the longer run.
It helps you take crucial business decisions in sync with your inner capabilities and limitations.
- Am I good at it ?
- Am I aware of my natural strengths as an entrepreneur ?
- Will I be equally passionate in the longer run ?
In the long run, the highest probability of you being effective and satisfied in your role as an entrepreneur can be possible if you are utilizing your natural personality and competency areas at work.
Understanding these aspects of your personality helps you to proactively align your operating style with your business instead of emulating someone else’s way of working and thinking.
- Can I be better at it? Why am I not able to execute my ideas & strategies effectively ?
- How can I improve compatibility with my business partner or colleagues ?
- How do I make the younger generation relate to my thought process ?
The answer to your concerns lies in understanding your natural personality and thought process.
Understanding these aspects of your personality helps you to proactively align your operating style with your business, using the your intrinsic strengths to your advantage, and working around your limitation to take optimized business decisions.
AS A PARTNER/CO OWNER
- What are the difficulties and differences we are facing in our respective roles and in taking common strategic decisions?
The co owner’s natural personality and thought process defines their working style and decision making process to a great extent.
Understanding these aspects and more helps proactively align each other at all levels resulting in relatively minimized conflicts, gaps and misunderstandings. A deeper understanding of each other’s innate capabilities makes you a strong team together.
AS A BOSS
- Are my employees in the right role ?
- Are they satisfied and motivated about their job ?
- Can they contribute more effectively to the business?
In the longer run, the highest probability of an employee being effective and satisfied in his/her job can be possible if he/she is utilizing their natural personality and competency areas at work.
Understanding these aspects gives you clarity, to align the right mind for the right job, direct the training and development efforts effectively and ease resolution of superior – subordinate conflicts.
Understanding yourself better not only makes you a happier person, but also helps you to align yourself to your family in a more seamless manner. This creates a healthy and positive environment at home.
AS A FAMILY MEMBER
- Why am I facing differences with my wife and children?
- How do I ensure that I stay connected with my kids?
- How can I help to build a positive environment at home for them?
When you know yourself from within, you can then connect with your family with empathy.
It will also help you to build strong bonds with your partner and further strengthen relations with your children and ensure a positive environment at home.
AS AN INDIVIDUAL
- Am I losing out on my hobbies?
- Should I be making more time for leisure?
- Am I investing in my personal development?
- How should I prepare myself better for any health related contingency?
As an entrepreneur or owner, you have to concentrate on personal growth to ensure your business succeeds.
The only way to ensure your work-life balance is to know your innate personality as this will help you understand what is best suited for your personal growth.
HEALTH INDICATORS- You should also plan and prepare for any health related contingencies. Even your health comes under purview as it is an asset towards self-actualisation. You should also be aware of any potential medical conditions that you may have inherited.